Applied Positive Psychology Training
5-DAY INTENSIVE IN APPLIED POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY
This course is designed to give participants practical skills for integrating basic positive psychology-based principles into clinical practice. It is ideally suited for psychologists, social workers, mental health OT’s, counsellors, and coaches – any health professionals whose work focuses on helping others not only recover from stressful life experiences, but to grow their resilience and discover the elements of a flourishing life.
Each day includes a 3-hour workshop that combines pre-readings and practical learning activities including case studies, small-group discussions, and a daily quiz to check your progress. As all our intensives include only a maximum of 6 people, your learning can be completely personalised – our aim is to give you the confidence and knowledge to go home and start working immediately with your new skills.
For those unable to join a scheduled group program, we also offer the full course individually at a time that suits you – simply contact us with your dates and the rest is easy!
- Introduction to Positive Psychology: History and Theoretical Models
- Neuroscience and Positive Psychology: How the Mind Changes the Brain
- Positive Psychology Assessment in Clinical Practice
- Positive Psychology Assessment with Couples & Families
- Positive Psychotherapy – Interventions in Clinical Settings
- Positive Psychology with Couples, Families Groups
- Positive Psychotherapy Practice – Case Studies & Live Examples
- Putting it all into practice – applying your learning to your own context
The program is structured so participants can enjoy plenty of free time to join some of the island’s exciting tourist activities, go exploring alone, enjoy the remarkable cuisine at the local restaurants and eateries, or just spend time unwinding. Optional group activities can be arranged on request, including a half-day guided bushwalk through our pristine National Park, yoga or tai chi classes, massage, watercolour painting classes, a tour of local farming industries and amazing established gardens…and much more. Once you arrive, we’ll discuss your interests and help put together a program to keep you busy and inspired throughout your stay.
And as an added bonus, we offer a substantial discount on individual follow-up coaching sessions by videoconference after the course has been completed to support the transfer of your learning.
Getting Here and Accommodation
Norfolk Island is a little over two hours’ flying time from Sydney or Brisbane, and is a place of unsurpassed beauty with a unique history and culture unknown to many. Arriving here is like stepping back in time – we pride ourselves on a peaceful, safe and truly relaxed lifestyle, a pristine environment including several species of flora and fauna found nowhere else in the world, and a community that welcomes our visitors literally with a hug and “watawieh yorlye” (greetings in the Pitcairners’ unique Norf’k language).
Depending on the size of the group and preferred styles of accommodation, we’ll take care of all this for you, from setting you up in delightful self-catering apartment where you can chill out alone, through to organising your stay in one of the old island homes where your group can completely immerse yourselves in island culture. We’ll even arrange car hire so you can get around as needed.
- Group Program = $825 plus airfare & accommodation (approximately $1,435 pp)
- Individual Program = $1,125 plus airfare & accommodation (approximately $1,435 pp)
Flight Details (Air New Zealand)
- Ex Sydney: Flying on Mondays, Fridays and during Mar, Apr, Oct – Dec 2017 on Sundays
- Ex-Brisbane: Flying on Tuesdays and Saturdays
GROUP PROGRAM DATES FOR 2018
- From Sydney: 5 – 12 February, 23 – 30 April (School Holidays), or 20 – 27 August
- From Brisbane: 10 – 17 March, 7 – 14 July (School Holidays), or 20 – 27 October
* Bookings essential and places limited by availability of seats on flights
Want to tailor your own individual or group program for your work team?
This is easy – just contact us by email and we’ll arrange an online chat to discuss your group’s needs and interests, dates to suit…and leave the rest to us!