“Inner Odyssey” Retreat for Women
Our “Inner Odyssey Retreat” gives women from all walks of life the chance to get off the treadmill for a breather – pamper yourself with much-needed time out to reinspire the vision that drives you, reconnect with yourself, rebuild life balance, and refuel your reserves.
As women, we struggle with burnout throughout much of our lives. Whether we’re trying to climb the corporate ladder, or raise a healthy family, keeping all the balls in the air at once takes its toll. And not far beneath the surface is the struggle to hold onto our own identity and dreams.
What’s in it for you?
This unique 7-day retreat is specially designed for women whose drive for excellence is burning them out. Our aim is to nip this in the bud and give you an experience that will change your life.
Here’s what we offer:
- Exclusive “Inner Odyssey for Women” Workbook to guide you throughout the retreat;
- Daily workshops to share insights and learning (groups only);
- Individual coaching sessions to supplement the Workbook;
- Pamper Pack for complete relaxation;
- …and plenty of free time to explore Norfolk Island’s World Heritage Listed museums, join some of the local tours to discover the many cottage industries on the island, shop till you drop, or just sit and watch the ocean from our superb beaches.
- “Inner Odyssey for Women” Workbook – this unique workbook gives you a framework to steer your personal reflection on what it would take to re-balance your life. Filled with activities to prompt reflection, this is the centrepiece of our retreat and will become a great resource to ensure your gains from the experience stay with you well into the future;
- Daily workshops are a semi-structured block of time each day to come together with the other members of the retreat and share insights, discuss those issues that are common to us as women, and learn useful strategies for rebalancing life and staying well. Each session includes plenty of time for open and honest discussion, sharing tips, and giving each other support for the journey ahead;
- Personal coaching sessions tailored to help you achieve the changes you want to make in your own life. Each day, you have a 45-minute individual coaching session providing the chance to explore the changes you aspire to, how to channel your strengths more effectively, combat the personal barriers holding you back, or simply take stock with an interdependent listener and coach;
- Pamper Pack – who doesn’t want to just chill out with a deep massage or reiki session, catch up with some yoga to stretch the body, learn mindfulness to still the racing mind, or do something a bit different by discovering watercolour painting or finding out more about our little piece of paradise with a guided bushwalk. You can construct your own Pamper Pack and we’ll do our best to deliver!
- Explore Norfolk Island – we give you plenty of free time to explore our fascinating history at Norfolk Island’s World Heritage Listed convict settlement (some say it beats Part Arthur!). Right on our doorstep is the national park with its incredible natural wonders and easy hiking trails, or we can direct you to other spots of breathtaking beauty around the island. Take your pick of the many optional local tours to discover our cottage industries – goat farms and cheese-making, traditional weaving, pottery and wood-working, jewellery craft, and much more. Wander along the main street of Burnt Pine and browse the shops (leave plenty of room for new shoes), enjoy a coffee at our quaint cafes, take a swim at world-famous Emily Bay or try snorkelling through the unspoiled coral at Slaughter Bay…there’s so much to do boredom is not something you need to worry about!
What will you get out of this retreat?
We have put together a unique package that will give you fresh new skills derived from Positive Psychology and Neuroscience for super-charging your mind and your emotional wellbeing to:
- Remodel self-limiting beliefs and behaviours into powerful drivers for change;
- Gain renewed insight and confidence based on your “signature strengths” with the world-recognised VIA Strengths Survey and personality traits using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI);
- Turn on dynamic positive emotions such as optimism, gratitude, wonder and enthusiasm even on the worst of days;
- Reconnect with your life purpose to stay focused on the long-term outcomes you want;
- Realign the body, mind and spirit using practical Mindfulness tools and guided meditations;
- ….and simply renew yourself!
Why Norfolk Island?
Norfolk Island is a pacific gem right on Australia’s doorstep, a little over two hours’ flying time from Brisbane or Sydney, and no passports or medicals required! The moment you land, you’ll be overwhelmed by a sense of peacefulness and wonder. Best of all, Norfolk Island is the ideal destination for women travellers – we still don’t lock our doors at night, you can spend the day wandering our magnificent sub-tropical trails or lazing on the beaches in complete safety. Time has stood still here, we enjoy locally grown fruits and vegetables all year round, and everyone in our community warmly welcomes you to our shores with a wave. Come and see for yourself…
Where is the retreat held?
Norfolk Island offers a diverse range of accommodation options from B&B-style homestays, self-catering apartments from budget to executive villas, and fully serviced resorts. Let us know whether you’re coming alone, or with a group, and we’ll be sure to give you several selected options to perfectly meet your needs. We also offer the option of renting a whole house where a group can stay together and fully experience the lifestyle of Norfolk Island.
- Individual retreat – $799 (excludes airfare & accommodation)
- Group retreat (minimum 3 people) – $599 pp (excludes airfare & accommodation)
Can’t get away for 7 days? Ask us about our 3-day retreat option.
The Fine Print
- This package is available as a one-on-one exclusive coaching program OR let us tailor-make the package for your work team.
- There are no pre-set dates for this retreat – we can arrange dates to suit your schedule.
- Deposit of $500 required when booking with payment plan on request.
- The fee excludes airfares and accommodation as these vary depending on the time of year you want to come over. Or we can make all arrangements to suit your budget and room preferences. Simply contact us for a quote.
- We recommend travel insurance even though Medicare now applies. We have limited medical facilities on island (medevac’s are expensive!)
- No refund for cancellations within 30 days of booking. Changes to bookings may be available with more than 30 days’ notice, at our discretion.