The aim of this course is to expand health practitioners’ knowledge of the core theoretical principles of Positive Psychology and build their skills and confidence to put these into clinical practice.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for psychologists, counsellors, social workers, mental health OT’s, doctors, nurses, and any other allied health professionals working with clients presenting with symptoms of mental and/or social disorders.
How does the course work?
Each week students receive the link to an online learning pack that includes a one-hour video lesson, selected readings, and an activity worksheet to help put your learning into practice. You simply complete each module including self-assessment activities to measure your progress. All up, you will spend about 2-4 hours per week on each module, and this time can be recorded for CPD points (all up, you should complete at least 16 hours of CPD points)
In addition, you have the option to add on packs of individual coaching sessions (3 hours or 6 hours) via telephone or videoconference (using VSee, a secure online platform at www.vsee.com) to discuss ways to apply your learning in your work, and guide you towards more skill and confidence in working with a Positive Psychology framework.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the core theoretical foundations informing Positive Psychology
- Administer and evaluate a range of assessment measures for monitoring Positive Psychology outcomes in clinical contexts
- Apply suitable Positive Psychology interventions to promote cognitive, emotional and social wellbeing with clients in clinical contexts.
- Week 1: Theoretical Foundations of Positive Psychology
- Week 2: The Neuroscience of Positivity
- Week 3: Understanding Flourishing and Human Strengths
- Week 4: Methods for Measuring Outcomes in Positive Psychology I – Emotions and Cognitions
- Week 5: Methods for Measuring Outcomes in Positive Psychology II – Interpersonal
- Week 6: Positive Psychology Interventions I – Positive Psychotherapy
- Week 7: Positive Psychology Interventions II – Mindfulness and Neuropsychotherapy
- Week 8: Positive Psychology Interventions III – Interpersonal Psychology (Couples & Families)